Thursday, 27 July 2017

What do you eat / What do you use? Part 31



I’ve been throwing money at Portershed, the café that recently opened at 322 Lincoln road. It’s open Monday to Saturday, 7am until 5pm. The staff are great; they have wonderful and tasty options from sausage rolls to peanut butter brownies, coconut milk coffees to almond milk coffees; and it’s comfortable with style, affordable, and at a good location. I'm so happy this place exists in Christchurch. Go!


It deserved its own picture. A custard and lemon doughnut! : O the best thing ever and it’s at Portershed. I recommend calling them to get them to set aside a doughnut for you as they go quick! They’re $8.50. 


·       *  My boyfriend’s mother made this delicious pasta flora traditional Greek jam tart and I’ve asked for the recipe and tried to make it myself: http://thegreekvegan.com/pasta-flora-traditional-greek-jam-tart/
I used canola oil instead of sunflower, vanilla essence, which I put in with the liquids, and I didn’t add brandy as I didn’t have any.  
·        * A large meal I made that I ate over five days.

 Tofu Scramble: It’s my first time making tofu scramble. It doesn’t taste like scrambled eggs, but I enjoyed it regardless. I got the recipe from Kalel https://youtu.be/mXqvO24syHc?t=1m52s but I’ll type the recipe as she does delete videos. Break up into pieces a pack worth of firm tofu to desired pieces. Add a tablespoon or two of turmeric, some seasoned salt (I use garlic and herb salt), and the juice of two lemons, which is about six tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix this up and leave it to marinate for at least 15 minutes. Cook some slices of onion with some margarine or water on medium heat to brown and add some minced garlic. Add in some slices of mushroom and cook it until it browns. Add in some red pepper then a couple of tablespoons of diced tomatoes. After they’ve cooked, add in the tofu mix and two tablespoons of nutritional yeast or cheese alternative. If there’s no liquid, add in a tablespoon of dairy-free milk. Put in a couple of handfuls of spinach leaves and once the leaves are done, the tofu scramble is ready.

 Spinach: I just emptied a bag of frozen spinach into a pot on high heat. Once the spinach started melting, I lowered the heat down to a simmer and stirred until it was ready. I love spinach on its own but it’s also good with some garlic and soya sauce.

 Classy Casserole: I skipped some stuff I didn’t have but otherwise followed this recipe from Bosh https://www.facebook.com/bosh.tv/videos/1357942860950877/ in hindsight, I should have halved the recipe or frozen half of the dish to eat later as I didn’t end up being able to finish it all. Bosh make big portions!  


Meal prepping


I've started practising drawing


Sugar and Storm


Storm. Recently finished 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'. Got a bit addicted to it.


Storm

No comments: