Monday, 10 July 2017

Norway 2017



Norway was amazing! And now I remember what it's like to physically be with my boyfriend and god damn it; why is he so awesome and why does he live so far away?

I went to Norway through Qatar airlines and they had delicious vegan food like curry with tofu and salad, hashbrown with quinoa and mushrooms, some kind of pastry with mushroom and melted garlic margarine inside etc. Also was given a chocolate cupcake and lots of fruit. At one point, a flight attendant gave me a vegetarian meal and I told her I couldn't eat it because it had dairy, then she checked her piece of paper and realised she had given me the wrong meal. Still have to be wary but hey, delicious vegan options! I watched Dial M for Murder, Logan, and Jupiter Ascending. I tried to watch Percy Jackson and the Olympians but I couldn't get into it. I did read most of Calamity by Brandon Sanderson, which was an easy, enjoyable read. And I slept A LOT! 38 hours is the longest I've ever travelled somewhere one way. It's not fun. But the way back was easier being 28 hours.

I was tired a lot of the time I think because of hypothyroidism, but I did manage to have a good time overall and the difficulties I faced were internal. Norway was great and I can't wait to go back. I really want to get better just to make it happen, but you know, when you have depression, you feel like you're just not meant to be happy. Still, I've come back with purpose I didn't have before.


Doha airport. Not a vegan friendly airport but it was comfortable with places to wait at, bathrooms, and plenty of seats.


I got to meet Leo! Rejoice!


My boyfriend and I getting our arses kicked. We are good at dis.


Going for a hike


*bites lips* he's so hot.



Oslo in the summer time; nobody can fall asleep. Staring out the window from my bed...



My boyfriend was shocked by how much coke I drink... >.> he doesn't seem to notice when I guzzle it down over Skype. 


Super lucky to catch Mitski in Oslo. When I first heard her music, I didn't think much of it. But after watching an interview of hers and watching her live and hearing her voice, I'm a fan. Now I stalk her on twitter and play her on repeat on Spotify.  



Kate Moss sculpture 




I love the show Vikings and it's made me more interested in the vikings




















Narvesen at Oslo S sells two vegan hot dogs : D ... they tasted so good, I don't understand why people aren't vegan.




The king's 'humanely killed free-range' *rolls eyes* animals. Poor things. They were bred to all have an expiry date and to end up in people's digestive systems. 


Stave church at the Folk Museum








Until all are free (from human harm). The bag was bought from Nettverk For Dyrs Frihet, an organisation that does a lot for animals. 


Fristelse Cafe from Drammen had an ice cream truck for a day at Oslo. The ice cream was amazing! We tried the bubblegum flavour and the blue cola one. The blue cola was good, but the bubblegum was the best! Mikael got an oreo mousse for us to eat later, which is in the following picture on the Pikachu plate. Seriously! Why aren't people vegan? The oreo mousse tasted like carnist mousse, if not, better! 



The Swedes have good vegan option. I tried the Big Peak ice cream cone and Tofuline's caramel toffee. We also managed to get berry sorbet on doughnuts in one part of Oslo. Yes, my boyfriend and I chased vegan options around Oslo ^_^









Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs


Lots of jellyfish in the water


Also visited the National History Museum






Royal Palace





Bogstad camping






A different area I forget where




With a curious fox



What does the fox say? *boyfriend cringes*



Wohoo! Won her over. The cats were frightened of me. I r so scary.







Deilig mann!


Lucky kvinne 








Getting across with a little bridge you move yourself by turning the wheel






We thought of waddling across the water to get to the island on the right, but it turned out to be quicksand or something because we kept sinking and my boyfriend nearly lost one of his crocs. I nearly lost a flip flop/jandal and had to tug at it to get it loose. I couldn't even help my boyfriend retrieve his croc but he managed without me in the end. 


We found another place to swim. I promised him I would one day so... *gulp*. Took my time getting into the water but he wasn't expecting me to go in after him so : D nice moment. The water was cold!

Oh my god I love Sea Shepherd! Is it obvious?







He managed to get me to play games twice. He's such a Nintendo guy. I grew up with Playstation but, to his constant disappointment :P I am too impatient with gaming in general. 



Prefer taking naps while he plays :P ...


We went to Frogner park and met a cute dog called Yoda.




This is on postcards



 












These sparrows came super close to us while I was having a nap



Day before the Oslo pride parade. I wasn't feeling well enough to go but wish I could have! I'll put it on my bucket list to go to a pride parade.



Lots. Of. Vegan. Options. Scattered. Around. Oslo.


Lovely restaurant


My boyfriend can cook! He also knows I love spinach.

 




Funky Fresh Foods is amazing! Tried jackfruit burgers for the first time.



My boyfriend's mum made a Norwegian Christmas meal seeing as I won't be there this Christmas and I've never tried one. Oh my god she's good at cooking and baking; not to mention she's so sweet.
She also made skolebrød and kanelboller. The skolebrød had coconut and custard, while the kanelboller is like cinnamon buns. She also baked a lovely chocolate cake : 3 yuuuum. God was I spoiled : D  





They have gelatin free sweets labelled.

Moussaka recipe https://www.facebook.com/bosh.tv/videos/1184915814920250/ I didn't have wine so I just omitted that. I also used some vegan mince and less lentils. Alpro's soya chocolate tastes like Calci-yum. Wish we sold it in NZ. Well... I'll just have to move to Norway, right? :P

No comments: