Tuesday, 21 February 2017

What's happening with Christchurch, and the Chinese Lantern Festival 2017

Christchurch recently had a fire that wasn't under control. I'm not sure if it's gone yet still but it wreaked havoc and people lost their homes. 


Day 1



Day 2



Day 3


Sunset at the place I'm living at now



I forgot to post these. These pictures were from around the city centre a few weeks ago.



I went to the Beat Street cafe as they had some vegan game.




These houses have butterflies plastered around outside. Can you see them?



Street art in the damaged city


Regent Street





Notice the pollution?


The NZAVS office. I've signed up as a volunteer for them, as well as for SAFE and for CARA. I'm excited about it but I hope I find enough time to do so.

The Lantern Festival at Hagley Park





They had vegan dumplings and vegan bbq buns at the Buddhist Light stall. They also had coriander pancakes but I'm not the biggest fan of coriander (I can eat it but I don't enjoy it). 





Wearing a cicada as an earring! : O that's not vegan! :P



My friend pointed out that the panda looked like it was setting off a tnt


The same friend remarked that the snails looked in awe of the lanterns lol




It was a chilly night (it gets dark around 9pm in summer) but that is a kiwi summer for you.

No comments: