Monday, 20 February 2017

What do you eat/ What do you use? Part 28


·         * Coriander’s has vegan options. I got the $12 lunch deal that includes a curry, a bread, rice, and a drink; it’s available from 11.30 am until 2 pm Monday to Friday. Just ask for the vegan option and they’ll supply. I must warn people that don’t like coriander, that the vegan option does have coriander in the curry, but I’m sure you can ask for them to omit the coriander.  
·         * Proper Crisps Cider Vinegar and Sea Salt.
·        *  Orgran is an egg replacement. It’s about $6 at the supermarket usually found in the Gluten Free aisle, but is the equivalent of 66 eggs. It’s great for baking but it’s not recommended to try and use it as scrambled eggs etc. 


·         * I tried this curry but it was a bit too spicy for my liking despite being tasty. So I ate it with rice and grated carrots. I used this recipe: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/mushroom-butter-masala/ but I skipped the cashews, the kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves, and the coriander. If you prefer it to be less spicy, I recommend cutting out the chilli and putting little to no chilli powder.
·        *  Beefless stew http://www.straightupfood.com/blog/2015/06/07/beefless-stew/ I would double or triple the portabella mushrooms though. I found myself wishing there were more of them.
·         * Put ½ a cup of rolled oats into a pot with 1 ¼ cups of dairy free milk, ½-1 teaspoon of cinnamon, brown sugar to taste (I usually go with a tablespoon and a half) and some chopped apple. Boil this and bring to a simmer; it should take a few minutes. 


·         * The cake is more like mudcake than the traditional chocolate cake. I used Orgran egg replacers in one cake and it tasted the same as the cake with applesauce (1 egg replacer = ¼ cup of applesauce). Joyline sprinkles appear to be vegan. http://minimalistbaker.com/one-bowl-vegan-chocolate-cake/
·         * Moussaka is delicious!! Thank you Bosh! I used grape juice instead of wine and nutmeg powder instead of nutmeg. https://www.facebook.com/bosh.tv/videos/1184915814920250/
·         * Kingland Yoghurt is more affordable than The Coconut Collaborative, but I thought the Mango and Peach had too much of a soy taste. I liked the Berries flavour one though. 

No comments: