Thursday, 26 January 2017

What do you eat/ What do you use? Part 27


Claude’s Kitchen has their vegan options indicated with green hearts. There are quite a few options. I had a delicious homemade creamy mushroom and leek pie, a vanilla chai latte cake – recipe invented by Tom, and a nice soy mocha. It’s on Ferry Road just before Z petrol station on the right. I’ve known Tom since I was in secondary school and he’s always been chilled out and into food; hasn’t changed much from the looks of things. So go and say hi! They’re a friendly bunch.  



·         Velvet Burger’s Animal Rights Burger without aioli. I think you can just ask for a vegan burger and they will make it vegan without issue. I couldn’t finish it so I had to bring it home, but it was good!
·         I wanted to go to Coriander’s as: they have a few vegan options there, it’s apparently really good, and it’s curry and I felt like curry. I saw Oregano, I was hungry, and my hunger must have confused me because I went in thinking it was the curry place. Then I saw it was a salad and deli place, and when I realised I had got the name wrong, I asked the person at the counter what was vegan. He was nice about it and showed me that everything in the food display was except for the moroccan couscous salad. I ordered some pita bread, lettuce, and falafel, so he asked if I just wanted a souvlaki without the yoghurt and as you can see with the picture, I said yeah! It was $10 and the salsa sauce was good enough to hold up without the yoghurt.
·         Addington Coffee Co Op do good almond milk mochas but remember to ask for no sweets to make it vegan. They gave me marshmallows with mine, ops. It’s the same with Coffee Culture, asking for no sweets.   


·         * Bosh ’s Bangin’ Big Bean Chilli https://www.facebook.com/boshtv/videos/1180882965323535/ Heads up for those that don’t like the taste of wine, I could taste the wine. But this makes heaps! I think it lasted me about 10 days. I had to freeze half of it.
·        *  I used Maggi’s Tomato and Onion sausage mix for the sausage sauce, vegan sausages, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, and gravy. I bought the sausages from somewhere but I didn’t think much of them to be honest. I think if you want sausages with flavour, I recommend Bean Supreme’s Sundried Tomato & Kalamata Olive Vegetarian Sausages. I’ve heard Fry’s and Linda McCartney sausages are good too. Overall, it was an easy and affordable dinner.
·         * The Buddhist Chef’s Pancakes. I halved the recipe because I can’t eat that much haha. They were good! http://www.thebuddhistchef.com/recipe/vegan-pancakes/  
·         * Loving it Vegan’s Carrot Cake http://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-carrot-cake-lemon-buttercream-frosting/ . Yuuuum! Really good! I used ½ a cup of applesauce instead of flax eggs and it worked fine. This is going to be odd coming from me, but it was too sweet and I found myself scrapping off the icing! So I would halve the icing. Even my father, who has a sweet tooth too, found the icing too much. I would only layer the top of the cake and maybe the middle. This is now my go to carrot cake recipe.

No comments: