Monday, 12 December 2016

What do you eat/ What do you use Part 26


I adapted my recipe from https://kimberlydioszeghy.com/2013/12/04/sometimes-i-say-dumb-things/ as I didn’t have some of the ingredients. Mix 2/3 cups of canola oil with half a cup of dairy free milk, and one teaspoon of vanilla. Then add one cup of sugar, half a cup of brown sugar, four cups of flour, one teaspoon of baking soda, one teaspoon of baking powder, one teaspoon of salt, one teaspoon of nutmeg, one teaspoon of cinnamon. Wrap it up or pop it into a reusable resealable bag and freeze for at least an hour. This batch melts easily so take a bit by bit when you roll it. I used my hands to press the dough flat and using a cookie cutter, but I’m sure it’s fine to add flour to make it less sticky and use a rolling pin. I had a mini oven at the time, but I heated it up and only had the cookies in for a few minutes at a time to keep the softness as my cookies were tiny. For the icing sugar, I put three tablespoons of water, one tablespoon of cocoa powder, and just added icing sugar to desired texture and spread that on the cookies.   

No comments: