Monday, 31 October 2016

What do you eat/ What do you use Part 23




Jack sushi bowl – shape some rice with rice vinegar into a head. Add cut out seaweed to make the features. As for the vegetables, use whatever you like. I used: roasted sweet potatoes marinated with maple syrup, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and some herbs; julienned carrots and cucumbers; diced avocados; and some strips of seaweed. I also put in some vegan tartar sauce (which you can sub with vegan mayo) with a bit of chilli powder and a few drops of sriracha sauce mixed in.  



I tried to make a vampire.... but my partner thinks it looks more like a sunflower monster. The general consensus is that it's a sunflower monster... so it's a sunflower monster haha.



Nice cream – if you’re in a situation like me where your local supermarket doesn’t have dairy free ice cream, or you’re out of money, here’s a vegan hack: put two chopped frozen bananas into a blender and add a tablespoon of coca powder with a little bit of dairy free milk to help it blend easier. You can also add a tablespoon of peanut butter if you fancy. It tastes similar to ice cream.

Nachos – for the sauce, I added soaked overnight lentils into a pot of pasta sauce, with some chopped mushrooms, and some diced green peppers. I then put in some pepper, salt, herbs, and garlic powder. Another idea is to use soy meat or red kidney beans. As for the cheese sauce, I used this recipe, which I recommend, by the Happy Pear https://thehappypear.ie/recipe/vegan-nacho-cheese

No comments: