Sunday, 14 August 2016

What do you eat/ What do you use Part 20

·         


S             * Sushi, or in Japan, makizushi: I used brown rice but any kind is good. I just boiled a cup of rice in 2 cups of water with some rice vinegar, and then let it simmer until the water was gone. Add more rice vinegar to taste and then pop it in the fridge. I don’t have a bamboo rolling mat, I just used my hands. So spread the cooled rice onto a nori/seaweed sheet and add some vegetables in a corner or spread it out if you want the rolls to be thicker. I added mayonnaise (if you can’t buy vegan mayonnaise, here: http://www.thebuddhistchef.com/recipe/vegan-mayonnaise/ ) julienned carrots, cucumber, red capsicum, and avocado. But of course, you can fill it with whatever.

·                      * Summer rolls. There are loads of recipes and variations, but here’s the one I followed: http://www.kitchenbowl.com/recipe/D7EQnecEou/vegetarian-summer-rolls-with-tangy-peanut-dipping-sauce?_branch_match_id=292288651078630396
·      
*                     *   Peanut Butter Banana smoothie: 2 ripe bananas, one frozen banana previously chopped, a tablespoon of peanut butter (Skippy’s doesn’t have palm oil) and dairy free milk in a blender. I usually have it so that the liquid covers half of the bananas in the blender. Add a teaspoon of chia seeds if you want some omega-3 in your life. I’m going through a peanut butter banana smoothie phase right now.

No comments: