Saturday, 2 January 2016

01/01/2016


Christmas : D with sparkling grape juice and they had Christmas Tiramisu cake. Hohoho.

(The fudge I made: 1 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup cocoa powder blended together).

We all had work but managed to enjoy the night nonetheless xD hoping this was the last Christmas I'd have to work. Planning to leave Asia just before Christmas 2016. 



For people in Tokyo, go to Sangenjaya station. Exit West B, and go straight. You'll pass Family Mart. It's about 5-10 minutes from the station and it's on your left.
This cafe is 'From Earth Cafe Ohana' and it's pretty hippy-like xD but nice.
Everything is vegan, apart from (as far as I know, and to my dismay) the genuine goat leather owl wallets. Totally out of place by the way.
My friends and I were actually trying to get to 'Kuumba du Falafel' and 'Hanada Rosso', both of which were shut (for New Year's). We called this cafe before heading there and they happened to be open! Rejoice!
* Anyhow, the first picture is of a tofu cheesecake (these pieces of cake were tiny btw) not bad. I'm not sure what the green cake was but it was pretty good. There's some mashed persimmon too.
* Next, lettuce with sauce, some healthy rice thing not white nor brown, and curry with kidney beans, pumpkin, and carrots. I recommend this!!! It's really good. Order it! Order it now!
* Tofu burger with lettuce. It was what I needed at the time, but not the best burger I've tried if I must be honest. I have higher hopes for the burgers at Hanada Rosso.
- not pictured- My friend's boyfriend ordered soy meat, I think it was. He was surprised by how good it was. Said it tasted like meat xD 



* A co-worker was super kind enough to give me 3 containers of.... HUMMUS!! So I toasted some pita bread and dipped it into the hummus. I love spinach, I usually fry spinach with garlic and a bit of soya sauce and salt. And I had some rice with it. I'm not actually sure what it is. It was just in the freezer xD at Mayumi's - you could help yourself to the rice there (I've recently moved to Yokohama and have my own place).
* Next, was the peanut butter chocolate fudge (1 1/2 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of maple syrup, 1/2 cup of cocoa powder blended together and refrigerated for 4 hours) and the chocolate chia seed pudding (1 can of coconut milk, 1/4 cup of chia seeds, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and sugar to taste. Shake it up and put it in the fridge. Remember that chia seeds expand with liquid so maybe divide it after shaking it).
* A favourite of mine. A can of tomatoes, 2 bunches of chopped spinach, garlic, um.... a couple of cups of lentils (I soak dried ones overnight), chopped mushrooms, onions, and a jar of pasta sauce, salt, pepper. You just put it all into a pot and wham. I usually eat it with pasta but that night I mustn't have felt like it or something. I sprinkled nutritional yeast on it. I love nutritional yeast.
* This was a gingerbread cinnamon soy latte without cream from Starbucks. They hardly ever let you use a mug. I've asked many times (I now bring a tumbler). Hot soy drinks are hit or miss with me. That particular drink happened to be really good. But I've had some that taste gross, have some aftertaste. But I guess the hot drinks made with cow milk weren't always perfect either from memory. Some tasted like warm milk, others had no coffee taste whatsoever and just tasted like syrup).
* This is the recipe http://www.tedisarah.com/2015/03/09/one-pot-creamy-tomato-basil-lentil-pasta/ I didn't have any red lentil pasta though, so I just used ordinary ones. It was good for a day, but I got sick of it after the 3rd. I had them for lunches.
* So good!
* This is the recipe http://veggieprimer.com/veggie-quinoa-sushi-rolls-v-and-gf/

I see that I haven't posted the other food posts I've done on facebook on here... ops
Kalel and Cheap Lazy Vegan both do video tutorials on vegan cooking. I recommend checking them out.





• Um… falafel pita bread thing? Doesn’t look great, but it tastes great. I used a toasted pita bread, falafel (mine crumbled for some reason but it still tastes good. Recipe: http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2011/01/falafel/ I didn’t deep fry mine, but just put two tablespoons into a fry pan with olive oil) grated carrot, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, tahini, soy mayo, and salsa sauce. You can omit whatever.
• Rolled oats with maple syrup. I used rice milk for it. Strawberries, with a drink of chocolate almond milk.
• A snack I found that had chia seeds (omega-3), Quinoa (protein and essential amino acids), coconut, and cacao nibs. I can’t see any more in the shop though : (
• Burritos. I used a tortilla, red kidney beans and mushrooms fried with a pack of fajita powder, lettuce, grated carrots, tomatoes, avocado, and salsa sauce.
• Some Kettle Chips are accidentally vegan. Just check the back. I prefer the salt and pepper one.
• Garam Masala with canned tomatoes, chick peas, spinach, and mushrooms. I should have had rice with it. It was a little spicy.
• Soy gingerbread Frappuccino with no cream.


* Dark chocolate is usually vegan.
* Pizza from Alishan (online store)
* Green curry (paste is from Alishan) chickpeas, coconut milk, broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, and aubergines/eggplants.
* Garam Masala with chick peas and canned tomatoes, mashed potatoes with a bit of almond milk and thyme, quinoa salad (tomatoes, lettuces, carrots, lemon juice). And a smoothie (almond milk, frozen berries, bananas, avocado, chia seeds).
*Dish is from 'Mooring Deck' in Kobuchi. Fried yuba (tofu skin), rice, pumpkin, ummmm? A mixture of vegetables, and miso soup?
* The cake is the persimmon cake I tried in Nikko, Yasai Cafe Meguri. The owners are organic vegans. The only problem is if you want a vegan meal, it's first in first serve (so the first 20 or so people) and they stop serving meals at 2pm. It's on the way from the station to Shinkyo bridge.


Plenty of recipes on onegreenplanet 
If you're vegan or adapting to a plant-based diet, remember to carb up and eat, don't starve! You're consuming less calories as a vegan. 


No comments: