Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Fuurin Festival (21st of July)


Some friends and I went to a Fuurin (Japanese windchime) festival in Kawasaki Daishi. I think the 21st of July was the last day for the year. I think but I'm not sure. I've had a few students obsess about fuurin. Apparently they're soothing in summer. And they do sound lovely. I thought about buying some but where I live is quite windy, so if I hung out some, they'd only make a racket. I think because the fuurins weren't directly in the way of the wind, just slightly, they made nice tinkling sounds. But it was bloody hot despite how beautifully blue the sky was. It was 33 degrees.



Those red dolls are called Daruma. What you do is you make a goal and then colour one eye in. After you've completed your goal, you colour the other eye in. 





I took a few photos of this. I think the guy thought I was his paparazzi or something. I saw in some shots, he looked confused xD I didn't even realise he was there until I chose a picture out of the selection.   



Fortunes. My friend put hers there as she didn't like it.




Fukuoka with a Fukuoka girl





'Bob! Bob! It's too bloody hot today! Too freaking hot!' 
 'Pete! Pete! D : you're on fire!!!'




lol


'worldly wind chimes'. I tell my students this is how they look in New Zealand. 


Plant fuurins xD




This shop was super cute. I bought a little cat under a four leaf clover from here, which you can see 4 pictures down.









Mayumi and I saw Mayumi off at Haneda airport (she was heading back to her home town).  


Haneda airport



 Some pictures of Machida: 



First rainbow I've seen in ages. 


No comments: