Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Star Wars Exhibition in Roppongi

A couple of friends and I went to the Star Wars exhibition in Roppongi. It's a display of Star Wars related artwork as well as costumes from the films. It was a balmy day. I haven't watched the Star Wars movies in ages, I think the last time I watched all of them was seven years ago. There were a lot of scenes I daydreamed while watching so there were things I didn't get. Anyway, this time around, I caught myself daydreaming in almost the same scenes (I have no idea why!!!), but this time I'd rewind the scene to rewatch it properly every time I did. I don't know, I love Star Wars, like really love it now. Okay, I've only re-watched 'A New Hope' 'The Empire Strikes Back' and 'Return of the Jedi' and half of 'The Phantom Menace'. But I'll be finished with it soon. I'm going to finish 'The Phantom Menace' after this post. I think when I had meant to re-watch the saga, I thought it was best in chronological order but then I would stop after the first one and I'd be doing something else at the same time like drawing or had had a few etc.  Now that I've watched the first 3 that came out (sober and seriously), I find it a lot more enjoyable and I really like 'The Phantom Menace' even though it's usually the one I stop on. I'm looking forward to 'Attack of the Clones' and 'Revenge of the Sith' I've pretty much forgotten almost everything about them so it's exciting! Man, I wish I was a jedi... but with a red lightsaber like Darth Maul. I'd probably cut my arm off because I'm so clumsy though xD
But I believe in the things the Rebels believe in, so I'm definitely not a sith. Why can't I just have a rebel symbol but have a red lightsaber? Red is not an evil colour. I am a little bit of a sith, I'm impatient and emotional, but I'm still more jedi than sith. And isn't everyone a mix of both, just one more than the other anyway? Anyhow....
Today was awesome. We spent a lot of time talking in one spot, then another, with scenes from the films playing and beautiful artwork in the background. We really got our money's worth :P



I bought this poster a couple of days ago. I want to fly an X-Wing or a TIE fighter. The Empire have style man, red lightsabers and TIE fighters, even a cool symbol. 

I love Darth Vader. I know he turns sith, but he is so jedi at times. He's just cool. Not a good person for the most part with the whole dark side thing, but still a good character.



What I bought today (the Darth Maul chopsticks I got when I got the poster at Village Vanguard). My friend gave me the Darth Vader keyring when I couldn't decide to get it or not xD 



After, we hung out at a cafe near the museum, then went to an Izakaya place. We tried frozen beer and decided frozen does not always mean better. Ice cold beer is good... but frozen? It just didn't work. Frozen froth is a hassle xD  it's like having to work to get through to the beer (I ended up scooping the froth out into a bowl)

I love this ad:




  Revisiting something so epic that you haven't re-watched or re-read in ages has its rewards. 

As for Game of Thrones, the end of episode 6 was pretty disappointing for me. Throw that last statement randomly in there. Just... hurr.

No comments: