Monday, 17 February 2014

Toto's Toy Museum * Hana Art Gallery ~ Insadong, Seoul


This is from Hongdae (Hongik University, Seoul, South Korea). 

Today I had an eventful day with my friend Brooke. We visited Toto's Toy Museum in Insadong. You go out exit 6, and turn left down the busy street as soon as you see G25 (a convenient store). Walk a few minutes until you see toys through a window on your right. I've seen it before hearing about it.

Cute in Korea has more information    I usually just visit her site to find out things to do in Korea. It costs 2,000w (like $2). There's a lot of things in there that can make Koreans nostalgic.

Anyway, it had a lot of Star Wars, Tim Burton and Studio Ghibli so I was pretty happy.
 





















 


Old style Korean uniforms

Me with Lock and Barrel (I'm also wearing my favourite Jack Skellington bow)







I love how the Genie is just doing his thing in the background



Me with Lock and Shock





I grew up with these


Cute!


I also grew up with these




Turtles for 1,000won ($1)

You can buy knick knacks like these. But you couldn't buy most of the toys in the shop (only the ones with prices on them)



Before we went there, we visited this cafe




Hmmm... cute place! But.. average coffee :( the mochas tasted like they put milo and instant coffee together but they charged 6,500won ($6.50)

After the toy museum, we went to Hana's Art Gallery. It was so cute! But the canvas art is just print art, not authentic. Still, I love it! And nearly bought a canvas.

It's down the main street on the left (the same street that Toto's Toy Museum is on). You'll recognise all the little cute tiles. There's actually two storeys.







Oh man, they love Larva in Korea. It's a cute Korean animation that lasts maybe 5 mins per episode. 


I think I've tried all these dishes in real life. Kimbap, bibimbap and kimchi. Anyway, traditional Korean food in phone accessory form. 









I bought these postcards from Hana Art Gallery. I think when I go to Japan I might put them on the wall. So postcards instead of canvases. Postcards are easier to carry ^_^

No comments: